The UIC now invites candidates for this position (Lecturer/Assistant Professor) from September 2022:
1. Mastery of one or two musical instruments;
2. Teaching courses as assigned by the music performance program;
3. Engage in the promotion of the music performance program and be willing to assist in the recruitment of music students;
4. Perform in solo recitals, chamber ensembles and school orchestra groups;
5. Instruct the formation and performance of the School’s orchestral groups;
6. Supervision and advice of students’ end-of-studies projects;
7. Other duties may be assigned depending on the qualifications of the candidate and the needs of the program.
All applicants should hold a Masters and Advanced Degree in Music Performance or/and extensive work experience in a related discipline. Successful applicants must be committed to excellence in undergraduate teaching. Preference will be given to candidates who have teaching experience in a higher education setting. Applicants must be with
1) the ability to:
- communicate and collaborate effectively, respectfully and productively with students, staff and the community;
- keep abreast of national and international developments and initiatives in the field of music;
- create, manage and broadcast musical events that appeal to all UIC communities.
2) a commitment to:
- providing students with employment opportunities through engagement with industry partners;
- provide students with a wide range of artistic opportunities to perform;
- maximize high standards of performance;
3) evidence of success in organizing and coordinating the performance of music.
1. Keyboard and piano performances；
2. Opera and singing studies；
3. Orchestral studies (strings, woodwinds, brass and percussion)；
4. Chinese traditional instruments.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Social benefits include housing allowance, holidays and social insurance.
1. Job application form (for teaching staff);
2. Current resume.
Appointment to this position will initially be on a one-year fixed-term contract. Continuation of the commitment beyond the initial mandate will be subject to mutual agreement.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.cn/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/469.
* If you have not submitted your application online, please email your application to email@example.com. Applications should include a resume and a completed “Job Application Form” which can be downloaded from https://hro.uic.edu.cn/Job_Opportunities_/Application_Procedure.htm. Please indicate the position for which you are applying, including area of expertise, level and reference number.
The College reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.