UIC is now inviting candidates for this position (assistant professor, associate professor or senior professor in music performance) from September 2022:
- Mastery of one or two musical instruments;
- Teaching courses assigned by the music performance program;
- Engage in the promotion of the music performance program and be willing to assist in the recruitment of music students;
- Perform in solo recitals, chamber ensembles and school orchestra groups;
- Instruct the formation and interpretation of the School’s orchestral groups;
- Accompany and support students’ end-of-studies projects;
- Other duties may be assigned depending on the qualifications of the candidate and the needs of the program;
All applicants must hold a doctorate in music performance and have extensive work experience in a related discipline. Successful applicants must be committed to excelling in undergraduate or postgraduate teaching. Preference will be given to applicants who have teaching experience in a higher education setting. Applicants must be with
1) the ability to:
- communicate and collaborate effectively, respectfully and productively with students, staff and the community;
- keep abreast of national and international developments and initiatives in the field of music;
- create, manage and broadcast musical events that appeal to all UIC communities.
2) a commitment to
- providing students with employment opportunities through engagement with industry partners;
- provide students with a wide range of artistic opportunities to perform;
- maximize high standards of performance;
- A commitment to engage in research relevant to the Division and with arts and educational organizations in the Greater Bay Area.
3) evidence of success in organizing and coordinating the performance of music.
- Keyboard and piano performances；
- Opera and singing studies；
- Orchestral studies (strings, woodwinds, brass and percussion)；
- Chinese traditional instruments.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Benefits include housing allowance, vacation and medical insurance.
- Job application form (for teaching staff);
- Cover letter;
- current CV;
- Latest teaching evaluation results;
- Two confidential reference letters sent directly to the human resources office by referees.
Appointment to this position will initially be on a two-year fixed-term contract. Continuation of the commitment beyond the initial mandate will be subject to mutual agreement.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.cn/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/526.
* If you have not submitted your application online, please email your application to email@example.com. Applications should include an application package and a completed “Application Form” which can be downloaded from https://hro.uic.edu.cn/Job_Opportunities_/Application_Procedure.htm Please indicate the position you are applying for, including including area of expertise, level and reference number.
UIC will assist the successful candidate in applying for an appropriate visa. Although there may be some difficulties in visa and work permit application during the COVID-19 pandemic period, we will pay close attention to visa policy and provide sufficient assistance to our new staff member. at this stage.
The College reserves the right not to fill these positions or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.